Friday, August 24, 2012

Heart List: Touch


I have recently discovered this new tv show, and I'm quite impressed! There seems to be a lot of new shows that kind of feel that they've been slapped together with the sole purpose of parading drama. This show is thoughtful, simple in its complexity, and...well, touching. I love seeing Kiefer Sutherland in a different role, and I think he does a wonderful job portraying a struggling father. The character of Jake (the son) never speaks and rarely changes his expression, but he is strangely emotive and relatable. The story follows a widower (Sutherland) and his son, who does not speak or interact with his father. Jake is obsessed with numbers and Martin (the father) finds that it's his way of communicating. Together they try to heal the pain of those around them. It is a beautifully done show, and I would highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment