Thursday, May 22, 2014

Book Reviews

I'm going to start reviewing fantasy books that I read. I do this because I've had a few people ask me for my opinion on what they should read next, and also because it's a good way to connect with other fantasy authors. If you are a fantasy writer, I would be happy to read your book and write a review on it. If you would be willing to do a book swap (you read and review mine, while I do the same for yours), that would be even better! If you are simply a fan of the fantasy genre, I hope that this will introduce you to new books that you can enjoy.

Here is how I will rate books:

1 out of 5 stars: I was able to finish the book, but I would not read it again.

2 out of 5 stars: I would probably read it again, depending on how I'm feeling.

3 out of 5 stars: I liked the book, and would read it again.

4 out of 5 stars: I loved the book and can't wait to read it again.

5 out of 5 stars: It is one of my favorite books of all time.

My reviews will go into more detail of why I rated the book the way that I did, of course. I should probably say upfront that I can only think of a few books that I would give 5 stars (based on this system). So please don't think that 3 or 4 stars is a criticism. The majority of the books I read I would give 3 stars, and that's a good thing.

I should probably say upfront that I don't like books with graphic violence or sexual content. That's why I write for the age group that I do. If I am sent a book that makes me uncomfortable to read, I will not finish it. Keep that in mind when asking me to review a book.

If you are interested in having me do a book review, contact me at kanno.callie@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment