Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Bit of Poetry

I don't write poetry very often anymore. I've found I'm just not that good at it. However, I used to write quite a bit of it. Most of it had to do with the melodramatic emotions running around in my young brain, but occasionally there were pieces of work that weren't all together bad. Here's one of my more recent poems (I wrote it about four years ago, if that gives you any idea of how long it's been since I've indulged in my inner "poet") and one of the better ones. Enjoy.

Two Worlds

To walk in a world without definition
To see nothing as it truly is
All edges are soft when they are blurred
But the beauty in detail is gone

Stand in the haze of what is and is not
Breathe in the imagined world
Here there is safety, but nothing is real
Here there is peace, but no life

To walk in a world that is sharply defined
To see thing all too clear
Sharp, cutting edges that will not relent
Simple beauty does not exist

All is decided and to deviate is death
Move forward without hesitation
Here it is real, but all dreams disappear
Here there is earth, but no air

No comments:

Post a Comment