Monday, August 22, 2011

Book Review: The Lure of the Mask

This is yet another book that I read with my husband, and I had never read it before. He said that he picked it up at a bookstore because he found the title intriguing, and ended up rather liking it. He called it a "chick-flick from a guy's perspective." I found that to be an apt description. It's the story of John Hillard, and the lengths he goes to in order to win the woman of his dreams. That would be the book in a nutshell. More to the point, I found the plot strangely refreshing from typical love stories. Again, that might be because it was told from a man's perspective. It is very well-written, and the story is quite unique. It is an interesting commentary on all types of love, and what we do for those we love. It also had those elements of the mistakes we make when we think we are in love, but are too young to understand the consequences. I would assume that most of us can relate to that experience, as well as many others that are presented throughout the story. I think that this book would appeal to a wide variety of readers, and I would highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment