Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Heart List: Strawberries


I have been having major cravings for fresh fruit over the past few weeks. (Probably the only healthy craving I've experienced this entire pregnancy!) The star of these cravings seem to be the strawberry. This is a problem, being that they are rather expensive to buy this time of year. Sigh. 

I love a good strawberry. I don't know if they're my favorite fruit, but they're definitely top five. Not too sweet, not too tart, and bite-size for my convenience! Strawberries are also one of the fruits that I really only like when they're fresh. I'll eat them frozen or canned, but they aren't nearly as tasty. My Mom used to buy large flats of them during the summer from local produce stands, so they were almost always on hand. It was simply heavenly. That may be a tradition that I need to carry on! :) Love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment