Friday, September 21, 2012

Heart List: The Artist


I was bored this weekend, so I thought I'd pass the time by renting a couple of movies. I had seen a preview of "The Artist" and it seemed fairly interesting. Why not? Oh, how my world was about to change! I enjoy a fun movie as much as the next person, but I am rarely in raptures over film. However, I can say without reserve that "The Artist" is truly a work of art. It was absolutely beautiful in so many different ways. I knew that it was about a silent film actor, but I didn't realize that the movie itself was a silent film. It's interesting what aspects of a movie are brought to the forefront when there's no dialogue. The visuals were stunning (even in black and white), the music was inspired, and the acting was magnificent. Truly. I would highly recommend it to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment