Friday, April 19, 2013

Heart List: Road Trips


I love a good road trip! My longest road trip was about 37 hours of straight driving (we rotated drivers, of course), but most of the ones I take are around 6-12 hours. My husband and I just got back from a trip, and it was just the thing we needed. We left Lewis in the care of family (our first time being away from him for more than a few hours), and we took a couple of days to go on vacation. Our destination was only about a 3 1/2 hour drive away, but that gave us plenty of time to talk and laugh. That's my favorite part about driving--taking the opportunity to really talk with someone. It doesn't have to be important (in fact, my husband and I tend to talk about silly things in such circumstances), but it always becomes meaningful. I have many fond memories of driving somewhere on a family vacation, singing Beatles songs, and making up funny games to pass the time. I hope that I can continue that tradition with Lewis, so that he grows to love road trips as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment