Wednesday, September 10, 2014

New Writing Schedule & Comic Con

Well, the past several weeks have been quite busy. I'm in the process of moving, and so that has thrown my life into even more chaos. First there was all of the stress that goes into selling a home, and that culminated in our decision to move out early so we didn't have to keep cleaning up everytime there was a showing. Our new home isn't ready yet (we're building a house), so we're staying with my Mom and Step-Dad temporarily. We finally sold our condo (hurray!), but now there's all the stress that goes with buying a home. Sigh...

Needless to say, for a while I wasn't doing much writing. I felt guilty about that, because I did promise to have the last book of my trilogy out in a timely manner. However, I have set myself a writing schedule and I've been pretty good about sticking to it. I've gotten a good amount of writing done over the past couple of weeks, and it's looking like it's a pace that I can maintain. As long as Lewis and Eliza cooperate, I'm pretty sure I can have the book finished by next spring.

I did take a small break from writing in order to go to Salt Lake City's Comic Con. Yes, I'm THAT kind of nerd. I attended an amazing panel about credible magic systems while I was there. The panel consisted of Brandon Sanderson, David Farland, Larry Correia, Brandon Mull, Tracy Hickman, and Margaret Weis. It was awesome to hear the thoughts of such wonderful fantasy writers, and they gave some really good insights. It filled me with enthusiasm and ideas, and so I'm doing my best to infuse that into my writing.

In the meantime, I'd like to have another little contest for my readers. I'm going to put together a little trivia quiz and then post it. For the first person to get 100% I will let them name a character in the new book. Is that a fun idea? I hope so...

Anyway, I'll let you know when the quiz is posted. It should be ready by this weekend. 

Thanks again for your support, and don't forget to let me know if you have any thoughts or suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment