Saturday, April 16, 2011

Rich People Rules

Apparently, rich people follow a different set of rules than the rest of us. I always thought that common courtesy was called that because it was meant to be a widespread thing. I guess not. I was helping a customer at the bank (where I work, just in case you didn't catch that from my profile) and he started yelling at me for following bank procedure. He went on and on about how much money he has in the bank and threatened to take it to a different bank. I was tempted to tell him to go ahead, but all banks follow the same procedure. Instead, I bit my tongue and hurried him on his way. When I told my manager about it and asked what I should do, my manager urged me to get him involved next time. He insisted that I didn't have to take that kind of abuse and offered to put such customers in their place. Then he asked the name of the customer, and I gave it to him. My manager proceeded to tell me that the customer I just named was fine, and told me to apologize next time I saw him. Wait. I need to apologize to him because he tore me up one side and down the other? Apparently, I don't have to put up with that kind of abuse...unless it's a rich customer with a horrible temper. Awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I hated that when I worked at the bank. However, I plan on treating every one very poorly once Dave is done with residency.

    ReplyDelete