Sunday, June 26, 2011

Moving

My husband and I just moved into a new apartment. It seemed like a good idea at the time (cheaper rent, lots of perks, etc), but now I'm questioning the wisdom of it. So many boxes! How in the world did we acquire so much stuff? I thought that as newlyweds we didn't have very many belongings, and our apartment didn't seem all that big. Yet on moving day (yesterday) the boxes just kept appearing. They came from closets, from the shed, from under the stairs... There seemed to be no end! And we had to carry them all out to the moving van (this isn't even taking into consideration all of the furniture, which I left to my brothers and husband). Once the van filled up, then we moved them out to our car...and then to my mother's car...and then to my sister's car...and then to my brother-in-law's car. Yep. So much stuff. My Mom suggested doing a great purge, like my brother does. He rarely takes anything with him when he moves. He just gets rid of it. After moving twenty boxes of books, I started seeing the advantage to such a practice. All of our stuff is in our new apartment now, but the ordeal is far from over. Now we have to UNpack, and I'm not looking forward to it. Hence I'm writing on my blog instead of unpacking. Hurray for procrastination! Now that I've written that, though, I'm starting to feel guilty. Sigh. I suppose I should go put my house in order...

No comments:

Post a Comment