Monday, July 4, 2011

Heart List: Fireworks





 Did you know that the ancient Chinese invented fireworks in order to scare away evil spirits? I love learning about stuff like that. I read an article recently about how fireworks are made, which was also fascinating. It's amazing to me that they can take a bunch chemicals/elements and put them together to create a dazzling display of lights and sound. This is the month of fireworks where I live. One can hear them going off almost every night. They aren't my favorite thing about this month, but I do enjoy driving down the freeway at night and seeing the burst of color appear at random. There's something about seeing fireworks that fills my imagination with all sorts of flights of fancy, and I love anything that has that effect on my mind. Hurray for legal explosions!

1 comment: