Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween, my faithful few! I have sort of a love/hate relationship with this holiday. I love dressing up (and treats, of course) but I hate being scared. My husband asks me if I will watch a scary movie with him in honor of the holiday, and I say NO. I don't even like things that are slightly scary. I don't like things that might make me think of scary things that are related to what's currently happening. I am probably the world's biggest wimp. :)

That being said, I really love being able to dress up in a costume all day! I don't get to go trick-or-treating anymore, but grown-ups that continue to dress in costume are praised for their efforts! I have always loved costumes, and so this is the perfect time of year for me to indulge in that. This year I made good use of my new sewing machine and I made costumes for my little family! It was my first sewing project, and I'm quite pleased with how they turned out! We went with an anime theme this year. My husband and I dressed as Alex Rowe and Sophia Forrester from "Last Exile," and we dressed our little boy as Totoro! It was cute beyond words (our little boy, that is).

Anyway, the point of all of this is to say that I'm excited for the evening's festivities, and I hope that all of you have a wonderful and spooky Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I'm a faithful few! I am right there with you on not liking being scared. I was convinced by my hubby to watch the Princess Bride for the first time since...well the first time like 20 years ago. And I still had to leave the room for a spell. I say the world's biggest wimps should get together!

    ReplyDelete