Saturday, November 3, 2012

Gratitude: Part 1

It seems that a lot of my friends are doing posts every day of November to write about something for which they are grateful. I think this is a great idea! Someone once told me that you are only as happy as you are grateful, and I agree wholeheartedly! So that is what I will be doing this month as well. I have no illusions that I will remember to post every single day, but I will have 30 things listed by the end of this month. So, on days like today, I will post something for the days I missed as well.

#1
I am so grateful for my wonderful husband! He is kind and thoughtful and loving and supportive. He makes me laugh, holds me when I'm sad, shares my dreams, and is always eager to help out. All marriages take lots of time and effort to work, and he is willing to do whatever it takes. We have definitely had our rough times, but we always work through it and come out loving each other more than ever. I can't wait to see what the future will bring!

#2
I am also incredibly grateful for my little boy! Nothing could have prepared me for the hard work that is known as motherhood. As I have said before, I have never experienced anything so challenging and so rewarding. His sweet smile fills my heart with so much joy, and sometimes I still can't believe that he's mine! There isn't anything that I wouldn't do for his well-being, and I know my husband feels the same.

#3
I am grateful for my faith. I don't know that I've ever mentioned this before on this blog, but I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (often called the Mormons). I was raised in this religion, but there was a period of time when I wanted nothing to do any religion in general. That was a very dark time in my life, and I finally realized that some changes needed to be made. I did a lot of research to see what different religions believe, and I spent a lot of time praying for guidance. It was during this time that I read "The Book of Mormon" completely on my own. I prayed to know if it is true, and I received a powerful witness that it is. I also gained a testimony that the Lord has restored His gospel in its fullness here on the earth; that He loves me in spite of the mistakes I've made (and continue to make); that through the Atonement of Christ we all can be forgiven for our sins, overcome our weaknesses, and return to our Heavenly Father; and that God loves all his children, no matter their race, color, or creed. This knowledge has brought me great comfort in times of trial, and it has made each joyful moment so much more meaningful. I am who I am today because of my faith, and that fills me with gratitude.

1 comment:

  1. Callie, this is such a wonderful idea and this has helped me to learn so much about you. I am glad that you have been blessed with the perfect match for you and that your family is growing. I also feel privileged that you were willing to share your experience about your conversion with all of us. By the way, I am going to use this idea on my own blog because it is so great!

    ReplyDelete