Friday, May 24, 2013

Heart List: Warwick Davis



One of the characters in my upcoming sequel is a little person, and that has caused me to reflect on how they are typically represented. My first thoughts go to movies, and it seems that little people are overlooked when audiences think of great actors. Take, for example, Warwick Davis. He is an incredibly talented actor! His more famous roles include: Wicket the Ewok (“Star Wars”), Willow (“Willow”), Professor Flitwick (all of the “Harry Potter” movies), and Nikabrik (“Prince Caspian”). Ok, so maybe Wicket isn’t a role worthy of an academy award, but still. The guy’s got some serious talent! I’ve seen him play the hero, I’ve seen him play the villain, and I’ve seen him play any number of strange creatures that involve large amounts of prosthetics. He’s amazing, and I’d love to see him publicly recognized for his skill and hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment