Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Update

I've been a bit remiss in my blogging lately. Sorry about that! Let me give you an update on what I've been doing.

I've been taking care of Lewis, obviously. He's at such a fun stage, but he also gets into everything he's not supposed to. Keeping him out of trouble is definitely a full-time job. I've been working on the 2nd edition of "The Threshold Child," and it's coming along quite well. I'm halfway done with the glossary and revising, and my husband has been making some really good progress on the map. I'm excited to see it released! I am hoping that it will be ready before the fall. I want to get it out there as soon as possible.

Another reason for wanting to polish "The Threshold Child" is because I have officially begun my search for a literary agent. There have been a number of people who have asked about getting the book in hardcopy, but that's not something I can do on my own (too much expense). I have always wanted to go through a publishing company, and an agent is a good first step to achieving that goal. I haven't had any luck yet, but I'm not discouraged. I know that it will be a long process, and I'm willing to do the work. I will keep you all updated as I continue that search.

I am also working on the sequel to my book, which will be titled "Legacy of the Blood." It's going pretty well, but not as quickly as I would like. It's hard to dedicate as much time as I'd like to it when I have so many other things going on. I'm still planning on releasing it this fall, but it may be a bit later than I originally thought. The first 15 chapters are with my editor right now, because she likes to work back and forth throughout the process. When I get back those first few chapters, I will start posting excerpts here on my blog. So, be on the lookout for that!

As for now, I should get back to work. I will try to be better about blog posts, and I will post official release dates as soon as I can!

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work! We are so excited for your next book! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very excited to hear it will be coming out. I really enjoyed the book and liked how the first book ended, although I can't wait for book#2. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete