Saturday, March 26, 2011

Heart List: Bass Guitars






Who doesn't love a bass guitar? A song without a good bass groove is no song at all! (Ok, that's an exaggeration, but it's meant to illustrate my point.) Also, I think that bass players have automatic cool points just by nature of the instrument they play. My husband is teaching me how to play his bass guitar, and it's so much fun! My fingers are not as coordinated as his yet, but I enjoy it all the same. Also, I always choose to play bass on Rock Band (because that's as close as I can get to being a rock star). My husband is also introducing me to the music of bass players like Victor Wooten, and I must say it's pretty amazing! Bass guitar = awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I took Sarah to see Victor at the U when we were students. It was a great show. Keep your eyes peeled he plays SLC quite often either by himself or with the Flecktones. Check the Jazz festivals.

    ReplyDelete