Saturday, March 19, 2011

Public Corrections

Dear America,
"Irregardless" is not a word. You can either regard a situation or act regardless of it. Stop driving me crazy with your double-negatives.
Yours Truly,
Callie


Dear Would-Be Nature Buffs,
"Poisonous" and "venomous" are not synonymous. Certain frogs are poisonous because they secrete goo that will make you sick if you eat it. Certain snakes are venomous because they can bite you and inject you with toxins. Poisonous means you eat it. Venomous means they're eating you (or trying to do so). Get it?
Sincerely,
Callie


Dear...Almost Everybody,
Please show a little self-respect and stop to read what you are writing before you post it. "Loose" is not the same as "lose." "To" and "too" mean different things. "Your" is not all-powerful ("you're" is just as relevant, and more often the one you should be using). The same goes for "there" (try remembering "their" and "they're" once in a while). Also, there's a little thing called punctuation. Use it. Otherwise, it takes way too much effort to try and figure out what you're trying to say. Thank you.
Hugs and Kisses,
Callie
PS- I read over this three times just to make sure that I didn't make any of the mistakes I mentioned above. That would be embarrassing!

4 comments:

  1. Dear Callie I reject youre letters and will misuse all of these plus more Infact I will misuse the english language so much I will create a new one of my own so no one will know what Im saying

    Love Baltimore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irregardless of what you say, I do not believe in you're word corrections; their just plain wrong. Also, the tone in your writing is quite poisonous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GENIOUS~~ I HATE when people use the word irregardless. I actually listen for it because it makes me laugh when people use it. And too and to... Being at work I tend to pick a word of the day or week depending on how I am feeling and use it at tables. My favorite is arduous and satiate. I love it when people either ignore me when I say them or respond happily.

    ReplyDelete