Saturday, March 5, 2011

Introduction

Circumlocution:
n. - the use of many words where few would do; a roundabout or indirect way of speaking.


I have resisted keeping a blog for a couple of years now, but when questioned as to why, I didn't have any good reasons. Maybe I'm just lazy. There are a couple of random lists and thoughts that I've posted online for the amusement of my friends (and myself), and I've recently been encouraged to share them with a wider audience. I still have doubts that anybody will read this other than the people who already my other posts. I suppose it won't do any harm, though. Here is what you can expect from my blog entries:


Heart List:
I usually do this weekly. It's just a list of things that I love ("heart"). Obviously I love my family and friends, but I never feature people I know personally. That way there are no claims of favoritism.
Featured Words:
I love learning new words, and I enjoy sharing this love with others. I used to do this weekly, but I do it less frequently now. I suppose that I did it in this post, though. I bet most of you didn't know what circumlocution means!
Writing Excerpts:
This would be short stories or pieces of longer writing projects I'm working on. I would greatly appreciate feedback on anything I post. I always want to improve my writing, and so I am completely open to suggestion. Also, I'd like to know if something is good (I'm too critical of my own work to know if it's any good or not).
Random Thoughts:
This is a self-explanatory section. Unfortunately for all of you, I have lots of these. Some of them are worth reading, others are not. You can decide for yourself.


That's pretty much it. I'm not sure how often I will update this blog, but I'll try to do it at least once a week. I'm sure you're all looking forward with great anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment