Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Heart List: Camping



I love to go camping! And I don't mean taking an RV to a slightly wilderness-y kind of place for the weekend. I mean, you have to hike a couple of miles to even get there, type of camping. I grew up camping with my family, and I have so many fond memories doing it. I remember watching my brothers seeing how high they could make the fire, waking up in the middle of the night because I could hear squirrels stealing our food, sitting around the fire late into the night talking about nothing at all, being amazed at how many stars you can see so far away from city lights, "exploring" the surrounding area as if I'm the first human to ever set foot there, etc. It was the best kind of vacation for a child, and I still love it today. This week I'll be taking my family camping, and I'm very excited. The last time we went on a trip like this, Lewis was only 3 months old. I can't wait for him to start building the memories and developing a love for the outdoors! We're going to Yellowstone National Park, and that's very exciting to me, too. My husband used to go there often as a kid, but I've never been before. It will be nice to escape regular life for a few days and spend quality time together as a family. 

See you when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment