Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sleepless

I couldn't sleep last night, and I'm all sorts of grumpy about that. I blame my brain. It occasionally decides that I don't need to sleep, and gives me as much trouble as possible. Here's a rough playback of how it went:

Brain: He was a famous trumpet man from out Chicago way! He had a boogie style that no one else could play!

Me: Quiet, Brain. I'm trying to sleep.

Brain: He was the top man at his craft, but then his number came up and he was gone with the draft! He's in the army now, a-blowin' reveille! He's the boogie woogie bugle boy of Company B!

Me: Brain! Shut up! I want to sleep!

Brain: You know what I thought was interesting about the new Harry Potter movie?

Me: I don't care, Brain.

Brain: You just finished the book you were reading, so you should pick another one. Let's do it right now!

Me: Brain, I'm tired and I don't care about books right now.

Brain: Remember how much fun you had playing Zelda for the first time? It's funny that the fairy's name is Navi, because that's short for "navigator" and she is your navigator!

Me: So help me, Brain, if you don't shut up, I will make you shut up!

Brain: He was SOME boogie woogie bugle boy of Company B!

Needless to say, I didn't win the fight. That went on for hours, and now I'm pretty much a zombie from lack of sleep. I hate my brain.

1 comment:

  1. You're brain comes up with some pretty good source material. My late nights are just slave to a baby right now, and she just cries at me. ;)

    ReplyDelete