Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Bit of Poetry: Part 2

Again, I have never claimed to be a poet. I mostly write it because it's cathartic. The more I read of true poetry, the more I realize how little talent I have for that form of art. Unfortunately for all of you, that is not going to stop me from posting another sample of my efforts. You can critique it if you want to, but it won't do any good. I already know that it's flawed, and I have no intention of going over it again to make it more than what it is. It's just a manifestation of how I deal with strong emotion. Enjoy. :)


Dreams intangible
Brushing the tips of my fingers
So close, yet never close enough
So vivid, yet never quite clear

Courage undaunted
Filling my soul to the brim
Growing, even when seeming to flee
Reviving, even when appearing empty

Joy undiminished
Taking my hand firmly
Everlasting, although sometimes hidden
Fulfilling, although sometimes unexplained

Destinations fixed
Giving the journey of life greater meaning
Determined, but taking the meandering path
Focused, but with all-encompassing vision

No comments:

Post a Comment