Thursday, October 20, 2011

Heart List: Costumes


One of my good friends suggested that I do something to do with the season, so this week I want to express my love for costumes. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays for the sole purpose of the opportunity wear whatever pops into my brain. My husband and I have finally decided on our costumes, and I'm very excited. October aside, I'll take any excuse to dress up, which is why I love to throw parties. Most kids grow out of the 'dress-up' stage, but I never did. There's something magical about putting on a costume that feels like a totally new personality. It's freeing and fun and opens a world of possibility. You may think I'm exaggerating or being melodramatic, but I'm not. I simply love to dress-up! Mock if you must, but I will continue to love it for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment