Monday, October 10, 2011

Heart List: Portal


I have spent a fair amount of time watching my husband play various video games, and I was greatly amused as I watched him play through Portal. The basic idea of the game is that you are a test subject in a technology lab, and you must use your "portal weapon" (a gun that creates portals between two places) to navigate your way through various puzzles. The genius of the game, however, is the quirky narration of GLaDOs, the computer guiding you through your tests. So funny! It's hard to describe just how hilarious it is to listen to the computerized voice telling you that if you do something correctly you will get cake. :) Recently, we have been playing through Portal 2 together, and that has been interesting to say the least. There is a co-op mode, where it takes two people to solve each puzzle. I am pretty good at figuring out what needs to be done, but I do not have the coordination to actually do it. I also think I need to work on my instruction-giving skills. Me: "You need to go that way." Husband: "Which way?" Me: "That way!" Husband: "You can't just point. Your screen is different than mine." Good times. For all of you who enjoy puzzles or video games, I would highly recommend Portal.

No comments:

Post a Comment