Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Gratitude: Part 3

I believe that part of being happy is appreciating the simple things in life. So the next six things will all be those little things that make me smile.

#8
I am grateful for the internet. It's not hard for me to live without it (which some people can't believe, but it's true), but it certainly makes things easier. It means I don't have to go to my Mom's house to use hers. :) It is amazing to me that the whole world can be connected through the internet. I'm excited to see what the future brings!

#9
I am thankful for blankets. I tend to prefer to keep the house temperature a bit lower and then bundle up. It comes from the years I spent living with my Grandpa. But it seems much more cozy to wrap up in a blanket anyway! Love 'em!

#10
I love books! Reading is one of my favorite pastimes. I haven't had a whole lot of extra time lately (having a baby does that, I suppose), but I recently started a new book and it was so refreshing to feel that excitement and wonder that comes from reading. I can't wait to see what happens next to that brave Pilot Major of the Erasmus! (Five points if you know what book I'm reading!)

#11
I am grateful for fresh produce. My husband and I participate in a co-op that provides us with fresh fruits and veggies every couple of weeks. I've really come to appreciate having that in our home, and it helps us to eat healthier. Yum!

#12
I love my pajamas. I know it sounds silly, but I do. I usually choose being comfortable over being fashionable, and I would wear my pajamas all the time if I could. Alas. 

#13
I am thankful that my husband still holds my hand. Everyone warns you about how stuff like that goes away with the "honeymoon stage," but it never has with us. (Maybe we're still in the honeymoon stage, even after all this time...) It seems natural for him to reach out and take my hand (or vice versa) whenever we're walking together or sitting together...pretty much any time we're close enough to do so. It's a sweet gesture that will never grow old.

No comments:

Post a Comment