Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gratitude: Part 5

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I have always loved this holiday, but recently I have felt the need to make a bigger deal of it since the majority of Americans seem more focused on shopping. I grew up in a single-parent home with quite a few siblings. Looking back on my childhood, I honestly don't know how we got by--but we always did. (And the amazing thing is that I never realized how little we had until I was an adult.) Thanksgiving was a time of plenty, and we were reminded to think about all that we had, instead of what we didn't have.

Today, I would like to recognize my mother for all that she has done for me. She taught me the importance of being thankful, and she was a shining example of making the most of whatever life gives you. She taught me to see all of the blessings in my life, no matter how small or simple. She taught me that it doesn't matter what kind of car you drive or what brand of clothes you wear, as long as you have the love of your family and friends.

So, thank you, Mom! Thank you for teaching me what really matters in life. Thank you for always being there for me. And thank you for making me the person I am today! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment