Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Gratitude: Part 4

#14
I am grateful for the talents the Lord has given me, and for a mother that encouraged me to develop them. Many of my talents are not what one would traditionally call by that name, but I am grateful for them all the same. I firmly believe that everyone has something unique to offer to the world, and that we collectively make up every good trait that is possible in humanity. I am constantly learning new things about myself, and I hope that I can use my talents and strengths to make the world a better place.

#15
I am thankful for my home. It isn't large or grand, but it keeps us warm in the winter and cool in the summer. It is filled with memories (even though we've been here less than a year) and love. I don't expect we'll be here more than a few years, but I look forward to that time.

#16
I am grateful that I have had the opportunity to travel. It is something that I grew up wanting to do, and I have loved all of the places I have been. I love seeing different cultures and historical sites. I love trying new food and meeting new people. Before I got married I went on a big trip every year. As soon as I got home, I would start planning the new one. That's one of the things I enjoy the most--the planning and anticipation. Now I have the fun of planning trips with my husband! Travel is always more fun when you have someone to share it with, and I am so glad that I can share it with the man I love!

#17
I am so blessed to have an education. I love to learn new things, and I have been fortunate in that I have many different options in schools and classes. Technically, I am done with my schooling, but I sincerely hope that I never stop learning.

#18
I am grateful for mountains. I grew up in the shadow of mountains, and hiking and camping were a natural part of every summer. I want my children to know that same happiness that I have known, and marvel (as I do) in the beauties of the earth.

#19
I am thankful for the autumn. It is my favorite season! I love the cooling air, the vibrant colors, the approach of the holidays. I love wearing sweaters, and drinking hot chocolate, and wrapping up with a blanket and a good book. September is my favorite month, and I am grateful that I have had many years of enjoying it (along with the rest of the fall).

#20
I am grateful for snow! I live in a place where it snows every year, and I love it! One of the down sides of social networks is that I see so much complaining every winter. Why do people live someplace where it snows every year, and then complain about it? Move to a different state! I, on the other hand, love the snow and I get excited every time I see it. Snowball fights, building snowmen, sledding, making snow angels, building forts...the fun never ends! I can't wait for my little boy to get older so we can bundle up and go outside to play in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment